Smiling faces are needed to enthusiastically welcome and send off parishioners as they enter and leave Mass. An usher should have the ability to stand for up to 20-30 minutes before Mass and stay 5-10 minutes after Mass to collect the Orders of Worship and/or distribute bulletins.
- Welcome Mass attendees as they enter the gathering space,
- Distribute the Orders of Worship,
- Aid and assist our parishioners with the location of restrooms
- Assist with seating needs when appropriate,
- Assist in finding families to take up the gifts as well as the altar cloth and monthly We-Share food basket,
- Assist in parishioners’ needs that may arise during Mass
- Pass the collection basket and put the collection proceeds in a secure bank bag which is then placed into the safe,
- Assist parishioners with the Communion procession
- Collect orders of worship and/or distribute weekly bulletins
- Send the congregation out into the world with a positive message such as, “Have a good evening,” “Enjoy your day, ” “Have a good week,” “See you next Sunday.”
As an usher, you have the opportunity to get to know your fellow parishioners as you greet them before and after Mass. It is rewarding to know that you have helped to brighten someone’s day with your warm greeting!
Date: Weekly rotation
Time: Saturdays for 5:00 PM. Mass;
Sundays for 8:30 AM, 10:45 AM Mass
Contact: Barb Lee, 414-543-4917