Confirmation Sacramental Preparation (16 years of age or older, usually Grades 11-12) combines the large and small group faith sharing format beginning in September for teens to learn more about our Catholic Faith, Sacrament of Confirmation, and experience our faith through a variety of learning and prayerful experiences.
During 2021-2022, our Confirmation Preparation will offer teens and families a choice of two different options. Preparation begins in September, 2021 and concludes in February, 2022, when the teens receive the Sacrament of Confirmation on Saturday, February 26, 2022.
- Option 1: This option offers a blended approach of large and small faith sharing discussion groups, with some sessions held in person at church, and some sessions at home for personal faith study enrichment.
- Option 2: This option offers all faith learning and faith study enrichment to be completed at home.
Each option provides teens the opportunity to explore and deepen their personal relationship with our Lord; in-depth time to learn about the Gifts of the Holy Spirit; and to experience our faith through a variety of learning experiences with scripture, prayer, sacraments, exploring our Catholic beliefs, and discipleship.
We are excited and privileged to walk this journey with the teens of St Elizabeth Ann Seton. For more information about our preparation, Contact Mickey Holtz, Director of Youth Ministry or call the Christian Formation Office at 262-782-8982.
Online registration right from our website!
This registration form is for Confirmation teens only. If you have younger children in grades K4-10, please visit the Christian Formation Registration page for more information. (coming soon)
Now that you've registered for Confirmation...
The guidelines that are a part of the sacramental faith formation process for this year’s preparation and other resources can be found here. Please take time to download and review these forms, complete, and return by listed due dates. No hard copies will be distributed this year, so it is very important for you to download and print the information below so you have all the start-up information for Confirmation.
- Come Holy Spirit Prayer
- Tentative Calendar for 2021-2022
- Important – Things to Remember
- Confirmation Checklist
- Pre-Confirmation Inventory
- Introduction Letter
- RETREAT Permission Slip
- Letter to the Bishop
- Confirmation Guidelines – Parish
- Confirmation Guidelines – Archdiocese
- Choosing a Sponsor
- Christian Service
- Faith Sharing Small Groups
- COVID-19 Consent Form (coming soon)
Our Confirmation Mass celebration date is scheduled for: Saturday, February 26, 2022 at 10:00 am with Bishop James Schuerman.
The following opportunities exist to volunteer and be a part of this ministry:
Confirmation – Small Group Leader
- A Confirmation Small Group Leader is willing to share their faith several times a month from September thru February in a small group atmosphere with a small group of teens. Curriculum and lesson planning is provided. A Confirmation Small Group Leader is also requested to be a group leader for the day for the Confirmation Retreat.
- Days: Sundays (5:00-6:30pm) and Retreat Day (October 23, 2021)
Confirmation – Peer Leaders
- Confirmation Peer Leaders are Confirmed High School Teens willing to share their faith during Sunday evening sessions and/ or on the day of the Confirmation Retreat.
- Days: Sundays (5:00-6:30pm) and/or Retreat Day