Christian Formation Registration
The 2019-2020 year of Christian Formation is being planned here at St. Elizabeth Ann Seton and we are excited to know that your family will be a part of it! This year, for the first time, you will be able to register and pay for your family online! We believe this will be a convenient change for all.
Please carefully read through the materials as there are changes and new opportunities that we’re sure that you’d like to know more about.
- Adult Enrichment, held the 2nd Sunday and Monday of every month, will be back beginning with a Trivia contest on September 7th and 9th! (the 7th is a Saturday)
- Parents of Sunday Christian Formation students are invited to join us on Sunday mornings, when there is class, for Unpacking the Gospels from 9:30 to 10:30.
- The 4th Monday of each month is another opportunity to learn more about our Catholic faith in an intergenerational setting. ALL families and ages are invited!
- On the 3rd Monday, your family is invited to come pray the Rosary. Parishioner Alex Strehlow is coordinating this new prayer opportunity.
- In honor of the Archdiocese’ 175th Anniversary, there will be a diocesan-wide 7 Days of Service week from September 22-29. We are planning to do a special service project to highlight the Catholic Church’s presence in our community
- We have a new Christian Formation Commission! Several adults have stepped forward to help analyze our programs, develop new ideas and hear your voice. Watch for information about this exciting committee.
Registration and Fees
Please complete the online forms by July 15 so that we can order supplies and prepare for another great year of Christian Formation. More good news is that we are not raising fees again this year. The pricing is the same for Christian Formation on Sunday mornings and for Family Faith.
|Parish Member Fee||Reduced Fee for Catechists*||Non Member Fee|
|Three or more children||$235||$117.50||$352.50|
* for those who volunteer as catechists, fees are reduced by half.
Volunteer Small Group Leaders and Catechists:
If you would like to volunteer as a catechist, training and materials are provided. If you know someone who would be great at sharing their faith with the children and youth of our parish, please let us know and we can have a conversation with them.
Opportunities to volunteer are:
- Small Group Leader for Sunday Christian Formation
- Large Group Leader leads the groups of children in the theme of the day on Sunday mornings
- Catechists will teach the Family Faith classes of children
- Confirmation Small Group Leaders work with the Confirmation program
- Children’s Liturgy of the Word leaders lead the Scripture lessons for the day during Mass in the Matthew/Mark room
Please make a special note of the photo policy. There are several areas that we use photos and you may have a preference as to where we can and can’t use a photo of your child. If you choose not to have your child in photos that are posted, we will discreetly and politely ask them to step out of pictures – we want to respect your wishes.
Please be sure to check all that apply on the registration form:
Here are places that we may use your child or youth’s picture:
- Bulletin Board in Gathering Area
- Parish Bulletin & Newsletter
- Video Announcements at Mass
- Elizabeth Ann Seton website
- Elizabeth Ann Seton social media sites
Please be aware:
- Please know that your child’s name will not be used at any time.
- When 5 or more children or youth are in a photo, the form serves as consent.
- If there are fewer than 5 children or youth in a photo, the parish will contact you for an additional signature.
New this year – online registration right from our website!
As always, please let us know if you have any questions – we look forward to growing in the Lord this year with your family!
For more information about our programs, contact Ann Ryan, or Katie Coyne, Co-Directors of Child Ministry, Mickey Holtz, Director of Youth Ministry, Sue Switalski, Pastoral Minister, or call the Christian Formation Office at 262-782-8982