Notre Dame School Ministries
St. Elizabeth Ann Seton Parish has partnered with Notre Dame Middle School (NDMS), a sponsored ministry of the School Sisters of Notre Dame since 1996. NDMS has grown from a small school serving 26 Latino middle school aged girls to presently serving over 500 Latino students and expanding to two campuses. With the addition of the primary school and all boys middle school, NDMS was renamed Notre Dame School of Milwaukee (NDSM) to encompass the whole K4-8 school community. The school currently consists of two campuses:
As the school has grown, so has the support from the Seton community. Our parish members have generously offered their time, talent, and treasure. Seton parishioners have volunteered at Notre Dame in various ways, including:
Tutoring students during the day and at the after school program
- Helping in the library
- Assisting with fundraising events
- Donating food and serving at the Annual Spaghetti Dinner
- Providing afterschool snacks
- Donating to the school supplies drive each Fall
- Participating in the Graduate Mentor Program
Seton has financially supported Notre Dame through:
- Seton’s outreach resources and grant’s program which has provided funds for lap tops, and whiteboards
- St Elizabeth Ann Seton’s Scholarship Fund which provides scholarships for deserving Notre Dame Graduates to attend high schools of their choice.
- Sponsoring graduates to join Seton’s youth group on mission trips such as Guatemala and Costa Rica
Thank you to all the Seton parishioners who have been involved with NDMS past and present. With the growth of the school, the need for additional volunteer participation has never been greater. If you are interested in joining the Notre Dame volunteer team, please consider one of the following volunteer available opportunities.
Notre Dame After School Snacks Program
Each fall, Seton sponsors a back-to-school spaghetti dinner for the students and families of the girls’ middle school. Volunteers from the parish are recruited to donate spaghetti and desserts as well as to set up, cook, serve, and clean up at the event. This is a fundraising event for the school. Families pay a nominal amount for the dinner, during which 300+ people are served following the school’s Parent-Teacher Conference in mid-September.Most importantly, however, the dinner is a way to let NDSM students and families know how special they are. Our parish’s young (and not so young),wonderful volunteers practice service leadership and hang out with our brothers and sisters in Christ at Notre Dame.
Location: Blessed Theresa Campus, 1420 W. Scott St., Milwaukee, 53204
Notre Dame Mentor Program
In 2017, the St. Elizabeth Ann Seton/Notre Dame School Scholarship was established to assist NDSM graduates with attending the high school of their choice. Each year, a total of $10,000 is awarded to 2 deserving graduates. As part of the scholarship, guidelines, Seton is committed to offering assistance and guidance to the recipients through the mentorship program. Mentors are needed each year for the new recipients.
Additional Volunteer Opportunities
- Study Hall Monitor/Tutors –Middle Schools
- Tutor/Reading Help/Recess or Lunch Duty—Primary School
- Library—both campuses
- After School Enrichment Program Instructor
- Fund raising events