Continuing the Mission during a pandemic...
The 2020-21 year of Christian Formation is being planned here at St. Elizabeth Ann Seton and we are excited to know that your family will be a part of it! This year will definitely look different from previous years due to the current health crisis; however, we are excited to grow with you through new avenues and opportunities! Again this year, you will be able to register and pay for your family online. This has been a convenient option for many.
To learn about all the Christian Formation opportunities available to you, your children, and your family this year, click the button below.
Returning Fall, 2021
Sunday Christian Formation for Kids (K4-6th grade) utilizes a large group/small group format! (small group leaders lead a group of 6-10 kids for a more relational approach)
Kids begin in large group (K4-K5, grades 1-3, and grades 4-6) and then move into small group learning.
Small Groups are all about relationship! Small Group Leaders work on building three kinds of relationships: small group leader-child, child-child, and child-Jesus.
The program incorporates music, hands-on activities, technology, small group discussion, and prayer to encourage authentic faith and discipleship growth. Child Ministry exists to help kids live, pray, and grow in their relationship with Christ Jesus.
The Sunday Program is offered from September through April on Sunday mornings from 9:30-10:30 AM at St. Elizabeth Ann Seton.
Want to Get Involved?
- Become a SMALL GROUP LEADER: Small Group Leaders are responsible for leading a group of 6-8 children in discussion and activity based on a prepared lesson. Small Group Leaders are all about relationship! Small Group Leaders work on building three kinds of relationships: small group leader-child, child-child, and child-Jesus. Lessons last one hour and small group leaders are needed approximately 20 times a year.
- Become a LARGE GROUP LEADER: Large Group Leaders host, coordinate, and teach the session—kind of like an emcee. Large Group Leaders are responsible for teaching approximately 20-30 children based on a prepared lesson. Each Large Group Leaders is part of a pool of leaders and will serve in a rotation approximately once per month. Lessons last one hour and large group leaders are needed approximately 10 times a year.
- Become a SMALL GROUP HELPER: Small Group Helpers act as an extra set of eyes, ears, and hands in the small group so that the small group leader can effectively reach the children. Some responsibilities could include: helping with projects, reading stories, explaining directions to individual children, etc.
- Become a SET-UP/TAKE-DOWN MINISTER: Before Sunday Program begins, a small crew of set-up ministers is needed to distribute supplies/materials to the appropriate locations (approximately 8:00-9:00 AM). After Sunday Program is finished, a small crew of take-down ministers is needed to disassemble any props/sets and remove supplies/materials from classrooms spaces (approximately 10:30-11:30 AM or 11:45 AM-12:30 PM). Set-up/Take-Down Ministers are needed approximately 20 times a year.
- Become a MUSIC LEADER: Each session begins with a praise & worship song. Music Leaders help energize the children by leading a song with actions. Music Leaders are needed approximately 20 times a year.